Synthetics monitoring is an invaluable tool for web developers and administrators who need to keep track of their websites’ performance and uptime. With Synthetics monitoring, users can set up automated tests to ensure their sites are running optimally and that any problems are caught and addressed quickly. This article will provide a step-by-step guide for setting up Synthetics monitoring in New Relic.
Setting Up Synthetics Monitoring
Setting up Synthetics monitoring in New Relic is relatively straightforward and can be done in a few steps.
- Log in to your New Relic account.
- Go to the Synthetics tab in the left-hand menu.
- Click “Create Monitor.”
- Select the type of monitor you want to create, such as a “Simple Browser” or “API Test”.
- Enter the URL or API endpoint you want to monitor.
- Select the frequency and duration of the test.
- Set up alerts and notifications for when the test fails.
- Click “Create Monitor” to save your changes.
Once you have set up your Synthetics monitor, you can view the results in the Synthetics dashboard.
Troubleshooting Synthetics Monitoring
If your Synthetics monitor is not working properly, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.
- Check the URL or API endpoint you entered to ensure it is correct.
- Check the frequency and duration of the test to make sure they are correct.
- Check the alerts and notifications to make sure they are set up properly.
- Check the Synthetics dashboard for any errors or warnings.
- If the issue persists, contact New Relic Support for further assistance.
Setting up Synthetics monitoring in New Relic is an easy and efficient way to keep track of your website’s performance and uptime. With the above steps, you should be able to get your Synthetics monitoring up and running in no time. If you run into any issues, you can always contact New Relic Support for assistance.